FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What Are Cloud-Based Software?
- These are software programs that reside entirely in a server that you access via the Internet using a web browser. The server is a computer or a group of computers and can be located anywhere in the world. Your data files are also stored in the same location and collectively, the programs and your data are in the cloud.
iCARAT is a cloud-based (or online) application.
Both programs and data are available every day of the year at all hours and you do not need to be only at one location to use them.
Due to where they are located and how they are used, you only need to be concerned about the hardware that you use to access them. Only basic hardware is required and you do not have to worry about installing anti-virus software, making backups, cabling hardware in a network or tons of other things you need to manage and maintain in a network environment.
Using cloud-based software can result in significant cost savings for your company or business.
- Are iCARAT Web Applications Safe To Use?
- Yes. We have SSL protection between your browser and our web applications in the server. This means that all communications are secured. You can tell if a connection is secure by seeing a green lock icon next to the URL address.
- Do I Need To Pay A Subscription To Use iCARAT Applications?
- No! Unlike most online application providers, the price of an iCARAT application is one-time and includes email support and program updates for one year.
When the one year is over, you can decide if you want to pay for support for another year. If you do not wish to do so, you can continue to use the iCARAT application for free.